Barella Cabins is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who provide personal information to it, including those who provide personal information to it via its website (Site).
What is personal information? Personal information is any information about you that identifies you or from which your identity reasonably can be determined.
What types of personal information does Barella Cabins collect? Barella Cabins collects and holds personal information that may include (but is not limited to):
- your name, address, telephone number, facsimile number, email address and other contact details;
- date of birth, gender, marital status and occupation;
- financial information, such as donation history and credit card details;
- health information, such as room requirements for a health condition, exposure to viral infections or COVID-19 vaccination status;
- identification documents, including drivers licence, passport or proof of age card; and
- photographs, videos and news stories in respect of Barella Cabins related events and activities
Why does Barella Cabins collect personal information? Barella Cabins collects and holds personal information for various reasons (which we generally notify to you at the time of collection), including the following primary purposes:
- to place your contact details on mailing lists and in computer databases in order to provide you with information about Barella Cabins related activities, functions, issues and initiatives;
- to enable you to participate in offers, competitions or promotions;
- to receive information from us that may impact your health and safety;
- to ensure Barella Cabins and its guests adhere to any current NSW Health Department Health Orders;
- to receive offerings and payments from you;
In addition to collecting personal information from you, sometimes Barella Cabins collects personal information from a third party if it is unreasonable or impracticable to collect the information from you directly, for example, where the information is provided to Barella Cabins or agencies acting for and on behalf of Barella Cabins (for instance, personal information contained in third party booking systems).
Your Consent. Barella Cabins requires you to consent specifically to any collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by Barella Cabins. Your consent may be explicit, such as in writing or verbally, or may be implied by conduct.
In addition, if you provide personal information to Barella Cabins via this Site, you agree that we may combine such information with other actively collected information unless we specify otherwise at the point of collection. We will take reasonable measures to prevent personal information from being combined with passively collected information, unless you consent otherwise.
How will Barella Cabins use the personal information you provide? In general terms, Barella Cabins uses and discloses the personal information you provide for the specific purpose or purposes for which you have given consent and for secondary purposes for which you reasonably expect Barella Cabins to use or disclose your personal information.
For instance, if you have consented to receiving information about Barella Cabins related activities, functions, issues and initiatives, Barella Cabins will send you email updates or newsletters regarding such matters.
Please be aware that you are free to “unsubscribe” to any publication that you receive from Barella Cabins at any time.
Management and security of personal information. Barella Cabins takes all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse, interference, unauthorised access, modification or unlawful disclosure.
However, you should keep in mind that the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from this Site may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Notifiable data breaches scheme. In the event of any loss, or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, Barella Cabins will investigate and notify the Australian Information Commissioner and you as soon as practicable, in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988.
Cross-border disclosure. Personal information will not be disclosed by Barella Cabins to recipients outside Australia unless we reasonably believe that:
- the information will remain subject to principles for fair handling of the information which are substantially similar to Australian privacy principles;
- there are mechanisms that you can access to take action to enforce such principles; and
Where Barella Cabins does disclose personal information to recipients outside Australia, the recipients are likely to be located in countries including Italy, Canada, United States of America and the United Kingdom.
Access to personal information. You may request access to personal information that Barella Cabins holds about you or you can ask us to correct, amend or delete any personal information being held by Barella Cabins about you (see Barella Cabins contact details below).
Barella Cabins will take reasonable steps to update or correct, as soon as possible, any information in our possession that you have previously submitted that is inaccurate, incomplete, out-of-date, irrelevant or misleading.
Complaints. If you have a privacy complaint, please contact the Manager of Barella Cabins at:
Telephone: +61 2 6373 5030
Post: PO Box 1310, Mudgee NSW 2850
Your complaint will be reviewed and investigated internally and we will endeavour to resolve your issue efficiently.
If you are still not satisfied, we will let you know about the external dispute resolution avenues available to you.
Telephone: +61 2 6373 5030
Post: PO Box 1310 Mudgee NSW 2850
This policy (version 1.1) was last updated on 1st October 2021 and may be reviewed from time to time.